Rhythm Sight Reading Trainer is a great way to practice sight reading rhythms on the go. There are more than 200 fixed exercises; the more difficult ones include rests, ties, syncopations, duplets, triplets, quadruplets and swing eighths (on iPad 100 longer exercises, because two iPhone-exercises are combined into one due to the larger screen).
Extra exercises for 4/4 (incl swing eights), 6/8, 2/2 and 4/2 time via a random generator (thousands of exercises). 22 difficulty levels, including a level for absolute beginners and a level to get experience with written music that violates the imaginary bar line rule.
Rhythm Sight Reading Trainer is universal and currently $2.99.
Rhythm Sight Reading Trainer
by Rolfs Apps
Rhythm Sight Reading Trainer
Improve your sight reading with immediate feedback of timing accuracy. Carefully graduated levels from simple to professional allow you to start at your best level and improve at your own pace, more rapidly than on your own instrument. Practice anytime and anywhere. Many advanced features.
- Common and rarer rhythms from 2 to 9 beats per bar (2/2, 4/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8).
- More than 200 fixed exercises (100 (longer ones) on iPad).
- Thousands of random exercises.
- Levels for absolute beginners as well as professionals.
- More difficult exercises include rests, ties, syncopations, duplets, triplets, quadruplets.
- Option to add swing to every quarter note meter exercise.
- Different degrees of swing: light, medium and hard.
- Automatic count-off with one or two bars.
- Longer (random) exercises in landscape orientation.
PRACTICE & TEST MODE
- Practice mode: listen or tap along while the rhythm is played.
- Test mode: you hear the metronome and must read and tap the rhythm.
- Accuracy is instantly displayed visually (color and position) with each tap.
- Easily adjust metronome tempo by sliding or keypad.
- Two tap buttons for higher tempos.
- Any exercise can serve as a starting point for editing.
- The editor provides many options to tailor exercises to your needs.
- Designed to need very few taps.
- Includes an editor for ties.
- Unlimited undo.
- Add your exercises to favorites.
- Share these with others.
- Expert mode: a higher default tempo for the exercises plus more accuracy required in tapping.
- Endurance test (continuous reading).
- Speeding-up tests.
- Left- and right-hand independence: tap the beat and rhythm with two tap buttons.
- Note duration test.
- Count 6/8 in two (dotted quarter has the beat).
- Ear training function to help in rhythmic dictation.
- Frequency chart of tap results.
- Progress reports for fixed and random exercises.
- Mail your results: e.g. send your 100% score graphic or progress reports.
- Sounds of the app player, metronome and taps can be chosen from several percussive instruments.
- Optional stereo sound. Hear your taps in the right ear and the metronome/player in the left ear.
- Optional beat-counting voice function.
- Use of the microphone as an alternative to the tap buttons.
- Play the rhythm with hand claps, finger-snaps or an instrument.
- Sensitivity function.
- Support for external microphones.
- Very low latency (instant response).
- Left-handed tapping support.
- Classical as well as flat interface themes.
- Universal app (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
- Support for all screen sizes.