After pretty long period of beta testing and Android launch a month ago – FL Studio Mobile 3 has finally arrived to the AppStore.
FL Studio Mobile 3 is a complete rewrite and seems to be quite serious take into mobile music production for Image Line. It is even has more in common with GrooveMachine (previous app of Image Line than with previous versions of FL Studio Mobile).
What stands FL Studio Mobile apart from other iOS DAWs is that it offers seamless integration with desktop production. Though iOS is powerful platform for music production – majority of musicians prefer working on large projects on desktop/laptops. With new plugin for FL Studio desktop (called FLM) you can just get your app right inside big FL Studio (plugin has similar interface and all the features of FL Studio Mobile).
As Image Line made FL Studio Mobile multiplatform they didn’t focus much on iOS integration. On paper it supports in and out ports of Audiobus and can work as IAA-generator. But when you want to record another app into FLStudio Mobile it doesn’t synchronize tempo/clock start/reset/stop with the app. And from the first version there’s no support of IAA instruments and effects and no AU support.
Audio editing features are pretty limited – though it is nice to have pitch automation of audioclips.
But what is really good in this app – is how it sounds. With large number of effects, few synths and DirectWave – Sample based instruments – you can create instrument on desktop and import it into the mobile or use stock sounds that are also pretty good.
And thanks to the huge community of FL Studio producers – you can download lots of FREE Directwave instruments from Image Line forum – here’s the link to the thread
FL Studio Mobile
by Image Line Software
FL Studio Mobile
Create and save complete multi-track music projects on your iPad, iPhone or Mac. Record, sequence, edit, mix and render complete songs.
* Audio recording, track-length stem/wav import
* Browse sample and presets with preview
* Effects modules (see Included Content)
* Full-screen MacBook and iMac Trackpad and Mouse support.
* High quality synthesizers, sampler, drum kits & sliced-loop beats
* Instrument modules (see Included Content)
* Load projects in the FL STUDIO** FREE Plugin version of this App
* MIDI controller support (class compliant). Automation support.
* MIDI file import and Export (Single-track or Multi-track)
* Mixer: Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
* Piano roll. Edit notes or capture recorded performances.
* Save and load WAV, MP3, AAC*, FLAC, MIDI
* Share your songs via Wi-Fi or Cloud to other Mobile 3 installations
* Step sequencer
* User interface configurable with all screen resolutions and sizes.
* Virtual piano-keyboard & Drumpads#
* IAA App support (In/Out), Audiobus support (In/Out)
* Audio recording (external and internal sources)
* Share your songs via Sync to other Mobile 3 devices / installations
* Load your projects in the FL STUDIO* FREE 'Plugin' Version of this App#
IN APP PURCHASES & INCLUDED CONTENT
FL Studio Mobile includes in-app purchases for the DirectWave sample player. You can install your own samples and don’t need to buy content.
All Instrument modules are included: Drum Sampler, DirectWave Sample Player, GMS (Groove Machine Synth), Transistor Bass, MiniSynth & SuperSaw.
All Effect modules are included: Analyzer (visual), Auto Ducker, Auto-Pitch (pitch correction), Chorus, Compressor, Limiter, Distortion, Parametric Equalizer, Graphic Equalizer, Flanger, Reverb, Tuner (Guitar/Vocal/Inst), High-Pass/Low-Pass/Band-Pass/Formant (Vox) Filters, Delays, Phaser and Stereoizer.
Included Drum Samples: Cymbals, Hats, Kicks, Snares, Toms, Percussion, Risers, SFX
Included DirectWave Instruments: Guitars, Keyboards, Orchestral, Synth, Bass, Synth Keyboards, Synth Leads, Synth Pads, Sliced, Drums, Drum Kits and Effects.
Included MiniSynth Presets: Bass, Keys, Leads, Pads, SFX, Synths
Included SuperSaw Presets: Arps, Bass, Bells, SFX, Leads, Pads, Sequences, Synths
WANT TO TRY BEFORE YOU BUY?
Install FL STUDIO 20 for macOS / Windows and you can use the FL Studio Mobile Plugin. This is identical to the App, as a plugin inside FL Studio. Get it here: http://www.image-line.com/downloads/flstudiodownload.html
MANUAL / TRAINING / VIDEOS
Please help us to help you! In the App, tap 'Help > Users & Support Forums' to register FL Studio Mobile to your Image-Line account and gain access to the forum. You can then report bugs, make feature requests and access free downloadable content: http://support.image-line.com/redirect/flmobile_forum
Leave a Reply