After pretty long period of beta testing and Android launch a month ago – FL Studio Mobile 3 has finally arrived to the AppStore.
FL Studio Mobile 3 is a complete rewrite and seems to be quite serious take into mobile music production for Image Line. It is even has more in common with GrooveMachine (previous app of Image Line than with previous versions of FL Studio Mobile).
What stands FL Studio Mobile apart from other iOS DAWs is that it offers seamless integration with desktop production. Though iOS is powerful platform for music production – majority of musicians prefer working on large projects on desktop/laptops. With new plugin for FL Studio desktop (called FLM) you can just get your app right inside big FL Studio (plugin has similar interface and all the features of FL Studio Mobile).
As Image Line made FL Studio Mobile multiplatform they didn’t focus much on iOS integration. On paper it supports in and out ports of Audiobus and can work as IAA-generator. But when you want to record another app into FLStudio Mobile it doesn’t synchronize tempo/clock start/reset/stop with the app. And from the first version there’s no support of IAA instruments and effects and no AU support.
Audio editing features are pretty limited – though it is nice to have pitch automation of audioclips.
But what is really good in this app – is how it sounds. With large number of effects, few synths and DirectWave – Sample based instruments – you can create instrument on desktop and import it into the mobile or use stock sounds that are also pretty good.
And thanks to the huge community of FL Studio producers – you can download lots of FREE Directwave instruments from Image Line forum – here’s the link to the thread
FL Studio Mobile
by Image Line Software
FL Studio Mobile
Create and save complete multi-track music projects on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Record,
sequence, edit, mix and render complete songs.
NOTE: There are two FL Mobile Apps in the store - 'FL Studio Mobile HD' and 'FL Studio Mobile'. These are identical. Two Apps exist for historical reasons.
• High quality synthesizers, sampler, drum kits & sliced-loop beats
• Step sequencer for fast percussion programming
• Configurable virtual piano-keyboard & Drum pads
• MIDI controller support. Play instruments and link to knobs/sliders
• MIDI file import/export (import entire MIDI files, export tracks)
• Audio recording (with monitoring), track-length stem/wav import
• Browse sample and presets with pitchable-preview
• Pan, volume, release and attack time configurable per instrument
• High quality audio engine (input/output latency depends on your device)
• Mixer: Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
• Effects include: Auto Ducker, Chorus, Compressor, Limiter, Distortion, Parametric Equalizer, Graphic Equalizer, Flanger, Reverb, High-Pass/Low-Pass/Band-Pass/Formant (Vox) Filters, Delays and Phaser to enhance your mix
• Piano roll editor to enter notes & chords or to edit recorded performances
• Intuitive screen layout configurable to work with all screen resolutions and sizes.
• Save and load your songs, import/export to WAV, MP3 & MIDI
• Audiobus support (input & output)
• Audio recording, Instruments and Effects
• Share your songs via Sync to other Mobile 3 devices / installations
• Load your projects in the FL STUDIO* FREE 'Plugin' Version of this App#
MANUAL / SUPPORT / TRAINING / VIDEOS
WANT A TRIAL VERSION?
Install FL Studio 12.4 for the PC and you can use the FL Studio Mobile Plugin. This is identical to the App, just inside FL Studio for Windows PC. Get it here: http://www.image-line.com/downloads/flstudiodownload.html
TROUBLE-SHOOTING & ISSUES
Please help us to help you! Register FL Studio Mobile and visit the support forum to report bugs and make feature requests:
* "FL Studio" desktop PC version (sold separately) is installed, on average, over 30,000 times each DAY making it one of the world's most popular and exciting music production systems. You can download the demo version of the FL Studio Desktop PC version and use the FL plugin version of FL Studio Mobile.
# See: http://support.image-line.com/redirect/flstudiomobile_plugin